Monday, January 23, 2012

week 38

Well, I've made it.  I successfully carried these babes for 38 weeks.  We will be induced the middle of this week.

 It is a very surreal feeling.  For 3 years we longed to get pregnant and never thought we would see the day.  Then, we finally got the news that my pregnancy test was positive and for the last 9 months I have had to consistently pinch myself to avoid denial. The nursery is ready, car seats are installed, and our bags are packed...but it still doesn't feel real.  I can't believe we will be holding these babies in our arms in just a few short days.  We are so excited but so nervous at the same time.  Doug and I  are so thankful and blessed to have reached this point.



Some quick facts about this pregnancy:

* We found out on May 31st that we were pregnant...the day after Doug's 31st birthday.

* I felt very nauseated during the first trimester, but only threw up twice. 

* My blood pressure has been consistently high from the beginning, but controlled with Labetelol 100mg twice a day. 

* I had to complete three 24 hour urines to rule out preeclampsia. All came back negative.

* I found out at the beginning that I am heterozygous for the MTHFR mutation, needing to be on extra Folic Acid supplementation.

* We found out around week 18 that Baby "B", our girl, had a choroid plexus cyst; however we believe it has resolved as it is not showing up on the last 2 ultrasounds.

* We found out on our most recent ultrasound that Baby "A", our boy, has prominence of his renal pelvises.  Most likely nothing, but will need follow up with the pediatrician after delivery.

* I have had 10 ultrasounds over the last 9 months.

* I have had 19 non-stress tests, with one more to go.

* I have gained 50+ pounds so far...oops :)

* These babies will be grandchildren # 10 & 11 for my parents, and # 6 & 7 for Doug's parents.

Well, that's it for a bit.  It will probably be a few weeks before I post again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment