Wednesday, July 25, 2012

6 months

Not too much has changed since my last monthly post at 5 months....so I'll just highlight a few things and get on with the pictures :)

At their 6 month check up Rowan was 18lbs 5oz and 27inches long, and Norah was 18lbs 1 oz and 27.5 inches.  This puts them both roughly in the 75th percentile for weight and 67th for height.  I haven't mentioned head circumference before, but I was amused when our pediatrician said they are both in the 95th percentile :)

They continue to improve on their sleep habits, still giving us 10-12 hours at night and between 2-4 naps a day.  Most nights, Rowan sleeps all the way through.  They still take 5 bottles a day and I am doing my best to do 3 meals of baby food every day.  Rowan had a tooth pop through this last week and I think Norah is not too far behind with all of the drooling and sucking on her hands she is doing.

Rowan continues to roll over very well and put everything in his mouth, but Norah just isn't interested. Our pediatrician said her exam was fine and that it is just part of her laid back/lazy personality.  So, I do my best to put her on her belly as much as she will tolerate.  We are working hard on sitting up right now.

Things they really like right now include bath time, their jumper, see and say farm sounds toy, being out in the stroller with me shopping or taking walks on the two days this summer it has not been 90 degrees, baby food of the fruit variety, and of course...being held and loved on. 

I did have to take Rowan to see a pediatric dermatologist with Children's Memorial about the hemangioma on his chest.  She said we have nothing to worry about and it should eventually go away on its own...hopefully by the age of 5 :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment